Logo

El portal de Derecho Español más completo y útil para jurístas, empresas y particulares

Tienda en Etsy: ¿ Copyright infringido?

1 Comentarios

Tienda en etsy: ¿ copyright infringido?
25/10/2016 12:17
Buenos días, tengo una tienda en Etsy y me ha escrito la propietaria de otra tienda diciendo que estoy infringiendo el copyright de 2 de sus diseños protegidos y que además mis fotos son iguales que las suyas.

Adjunto su escrito más abajo. Si bien uno de los productos es muy similar (el del globo), el del telegrama está inspirado en cualquier imagen que encuentras en Google Imágenes si escribes "vintage telegram template". Todas mis postales tienen el corazón para rasgar, no creo que esa idea sea suya pues en Internet se encuentran postales de este tipo a cientos. Sobre las fotos, me las hizo un fotógrafo profesional y sólo le pedí que me las hiciera con atrezzo acorde a la imagen de portada de mi tienda, con lo que no creo que me pueda decir nada al respecto (además que no puedo permitirme encargar otro trabajo profesional para repetir las fotos).

¿Me pueden decir si debo retirar estos dos productos y/o si debo cambiar las fotografías? Les agradeceré cualquier información o consejo que me puedan facilitar, no querría entrar en problemas pero tampoco ceder donde no tengo que hacerlo. Muchas gracias de antemano.

Foto de los productos comparados: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20978815/Etsy%20comparativa%20productos.jpg

Aquí el escrito, y link a las fotos comparativas de los 2 productos:

Hello,

I'm the designer and shop owner over at Inklings Paperie.

It was just brought to our attention that a group of products in your shop are infringing on our copyright-protected designs. I have attached some photos of the products in question.

I have attached a photo to reference the most noticeable of the bunch, which highlights their obvious similarities (both the products themselves, and how they have been photographed) next to ours on the right.

Please know that each one of our designs has a story, and was created thoughtfully and with much care. While imitation is said to be the sincerest form of flattery, Etsy takes copyright infringement seriously. You can learn more about how this here: www.etsy.com/help/article/482

As we are both part of the same creative community, rather than reporting this issue to Etsy Legal, I am first reaching out to you in hopes that you will resolve the issue quickly by removing these listings, or changing them significantly so that no further action is needed.

I look forward to hearing back at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,
Lindsay Henry with Inklings Paperie
26/10/2016 10:49
Tpa
Buenos días de nuevo,

No sé si alguien contestará el e-mail, pero he redactado una propuesta de respuesta a esta persona, y me sería tremendamente útil que alguien me contestara aconsejando si sería correcto o no enviar este mensaje:

Dear Lindsay,

I have received your message in which you alleged me to infringing the copyright protected designs of your shop. In this message you also attached a picture, which shows product similarities, according to your instance that these similarities represents an infringement of copyrights.

After receiving your message and examining the attachment, I also found some similarities in the product, but I can say with confidence that these similarities were never used to take the benefit of any of the products available in the market.

Being a law-abiding citizen, I never ever think to violate the law of any kind to favor my business nor myself.

Now that you have put my attention into these similarities, I assure you that I will look deeply into the matter, and if I find anything that represents a violation or infringement of copyrights, I won’t hesitate to take the needful and reasonable steps to remove your complaint without any delay.

I am willingly available to discuss the matter with you in possible convenient time.

Best regards.
Tienda en Etsy: ¿ Copyright infringido? | PorticoLegal
Logo

El portal de Derecho Español más completo y útil para jurístas, empresas y particulares

Tienda en Etsy: ¿ Copyright infringido?

1 Comentarios

Tienda en etsy: ¿ copyright infringido?
25/10/2016 12:17
Buenos días, tengo una tienda en Etsy y me ha escrito la propietaria de otra tienda diciendo que estoy infringiendo el copyright de 2 de sus diseños protegidos y que además mis fotos son iguales que las suyas.

Adjunto su escrito más abajo. Si bien uno de los productos es muy similar (el del globo), el del telegrama está inspirado en cualquier imagen que encuentras en Google Imágenes si escribes "vintage telegram template". Todas mis postales tienen el corazón para rasgar, no creo que esa idea sea suya pues en Internet se encuentran postales de este tipo a cientos. Sobre las fotos, me las hizo un fotógrafo profesional y sólo le pedí que me las hiciera con atrezzo acorde a la imagen de portada de mi tienda, con lo que no creo que me pueda decir nada al respecto (además que no puedo permitirme encargar otro trabajo profesional para repetir las fotos).

¿Me pueden decir si debo retirar estos dos productos y/o si debo cambiar las fotografías? Les agradeceré cualquier información o consejo que me puedan facilitar, no querría entrar en problemas pero tampoco ceder donde no tengo que hacerlo. Muchas gracias de antemano.

Foto de los productos comparados: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20978815/Etsy%20comparativa%20productos.jpg

Aquí el escrito, y link a las fotos comparativas de los 2 productos:

Hello,

I'm the designer and shop owner over at Inklings Paperie.

It was just brought to our attention that a group of products in your shop are infringing on our copyright-protected designs. I have attached some photos of the products in question.

I have attached a photo to reference the most noticeable of the bunch, which highlights their obvious similarities (both the products themselves, and how they have been photographed) next to ours on the right.

Please know that each one of our designs has a story, and was created thoughtfully and with much care. While imitation is said to be the sincerest form of flattery, Etsy takes copyright infringement seriously. You can learn more about how this here: www.etsy.com/help/article/482

As we are both part of the same creative community, rather than reporting this issue to Etsy Legal, I am first reaching out to you in hopes that you will resolve the issue quickly by removing these listings, or changing them significantly so that no further action is needed.

I look forward to hearing back at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,
Lindsay Henry with Inklings Paperie
26/10/2016 10:49
Tpa
Buenos días de nuevo,

No sé si alguien contestará el e-mail, pero he redactado una propuesta de respuesta a esta persona, y me sería tremendamente útil que alguien me contestara aconsejando si sería correcto o no enviar este mensaje:

Dear Lindsay,

I have received your message in which you alleged me to infringing the copyright protected designs of your shop. In this message you also attached a picture, which shows product similarities, according to your instance that these similarities represents an infringement of copyrights.

After receiving your message and examining the attachment, I also found some similarities in the product, but I can say with confidence that these similarities were never used to take the benefit of any of the products available in the market.

Being a law-abiding citizen, I never ever think to violate the law of any kind to favor my business nor myself.

Now that you have put my attention into these similarities, I assure you that I will look deeply into the matter, and if I find anything that represents a violation or infringement of copyrights, I won’t hesitate to take the needful and reasonable steps to remove your complaint without any delay.

I am willingly available to discuss the matter with you in possible convenient time.

Best regards.